Cruiser

Author Topic: Camp Spots NSW?  (Read 652 times)

mcoosh

Camp Spots NSW?
« on: 28-Sep-16, 22:45 »
Hey Everyone,

Need some help.

Looking for some camping spots within 1.5 hour drive from Sydney. Not looking for camping ground; off road tracks where I can just pull off and camp.

I am looking for something that has swimming options nearby...

Any recommendations?

Thanks

nadvans

Camp Spots NSW?
« Reply #1 on: 29-Sep-16, 05:36 »
Define Sydney? It can take 1.5 hours just to get from one side to the other. If you tell us where you are we can recommend in your direction

mcoosh

Camp Spots NSW?
« Reply #2 on: 29-Sep-16, 21:39 »
Quote from: nadvans;138949
Define Sydney? It can take 1.5 hours just to get from one side to the other. If you tell us where you are we can recommend in your direction

Hi,

Coming from Ryde. Within 2 hours is fine.

Cheers

UnknownLatitude

Camp Spots NSW?
« Reply #3 on: 30-Sep-16, 13:07 »
https://youcamp.com

Worth a look? Not used it, not associated with it, just something I came across in a BCF email was all.

Other than that not got much to offer.

Maw

Camp Spots NSW?
« Reply #4 on: 30-Sep-16, 15:58 »
I have found the Wiki Camps app to good for finding camp sites. Available for both Android and Apple devices.

dunskii

Camp Spots NSW?
« Reply #5 on: 30-Sep-16, 19:51 »
Using wikicamp and hema Explorer together will give you a good idea though we've found there's an invisible boundary of about 2.5 to 3 hours around Sydney before you find anything good (generalising). Though we have a rule of needs a camp fire which seems to be hard to find the closer to Sydney you get.

nadvans

Camp Spots NSW?
« Reply #6 on: 01-Oct-16, 05:31 »
From Ryde your best camping is at Colo.
If you google "Colo Camping" - a council run campsite will come up (Upper Colo Reserve). It is actually very good. You do need to book though. Great swimming.
An alternative is also at Colo at Wheeny Creek Campground. Free and easily accessible. Coming from Kurrajong, the best sites are via the road to the left just before the creek crossing.
Picture report is mandatory :)

LungFai

Camp Spots NSW?
« Reply #7 on: 02-Oct-16, 17:12 »
The Best Places To Go Camping In And Around Sydney

Personally I prefer the south coast coastal camp spots.

xJBallsx

Camp Spots NSW?
« Reply #8 on: 12-Oct-16, 06:54 »
Meryla SF