Cruiser

Author Topic: Cigars  (Read 4814 times)

GazLaz

Cigars
« on: 25-Mar-13, 22:20 »
Hi,
Any of you guys like cigars?
Montecristo, romeoyjulieta, hupmans are my faves but even a wee willem will do :Cool:

OSP1340

Cigars
« Reply #1 on: 25-Mar-13, 22:41 »
Even though my humidor is empty right now I have been known to have a Monte Cristo #5 from time to time.

JustJase

Cigars
« Reply #2 on: 25-Mar-13, 23:42 »
Two of my mates got married last year and as a gift on their respective bucks nights I bought them both a humidor filled with a nice variety of cigars. I hadn't smoked for a while but with all the research I put into getting them all together I ended  with quite a hankering for a good puff. Have been meaning to organise my own setup but haven't got around to it.

retlaw

Cigars
« Reply #3 on: 25-Mar-13, 23:53 »
Only with a single malt or a good port  :Cool:

JustJase

Cigars
« Reply #4 on: 26-Mar-13, 00:02 »
Yeah, a nice 10 year old Glenmorangie. Smooooth.
 :Cool: :Cool:

JustJase

Cigars
« Reply #5 on: 26-Mar-13, 11:06 »
Was there a reason for asking Gaz or were you just throwing it out there?

GazLaz

Cigars
« Reply #6 on: 26-Mar-13, 13:31 »
Quote from: JustJase;1080
Was there a reason for asking Gaz or were you just throwing it out there?
Just throwing it out...was smoking one at the time and wondered how popular they are with others.

freon

Cigars
« Reply #7 on: 26-Mar-13, 18:53 »
Have not seen anyone smoke cigars for a long time

thought they had gone the way of pipes

cheers

JohnyK

Cigars
« Reply #8 on: 26-Mar-13, 19:02 »
I spent 4 weeks in Mexico last year and smoked up a storm there, every couple of nights it was a Cuban and a sunsets. My GF hates me smoking cigarettes but was happy for me on the slow fat ones.
Nothing like a slow cigar and a single malt.

Longster68

Cigars
« Reply #9 on: 26-Mar-13, 21:01 »
Great topic, love a good cigar, especially when endulgiing in a Galway Pipe port or a neat scotch.
I am a frequent cigar smoker.........apparently they are not good for my health. Fancy that????

Larrivee

Cigars
« Reply #10 on: 26-Mar-13, 21:20 »
I never really got into the cigars until my sister brought me some back from Florida, i can't remember the name of them though, but they went down a treat with a nice port....

mikl

Cigars
« Reply #11 on: 26-Mar-13, 22:01 »
Don't get me started...... Gave uo the smokes for 10 years, never even wanted one just gave up cold...... went into the Bottlo for a bottle of Port and there was a little humidor on the counter..... me thinks man I would love a little hand rolled vanilla with this bot of Galway....... So I buy both and with in 2 weeks I was back to smoking as many fags a day as I was 10 years before.... and you reckon I can give the bastids up now??????  :Cry:
Michael

Shmacky

Cigars
« Reply #12 on: 26-Mar-13, 22:07 »
I'm very much into them. This weather in Sydney we've had lately has really screwed with my humidor and some have had to be thrown out. Going to smoke the rest and then make sure that it's seasoned properly - think the Cedar may have dried out a bit.

I normally smoke Cubans/Dominicans. Have a few Cohiba Siglo VI's, Perdomo's, H Upmann, Hoyo de Monterrey & Fonsecas.
Here are some old photos.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28124752/IMG_0878.JPG

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28124752/IMG_0880.JPG

And just starting to get into smoking hookahs too. Have a small 2 pipe one.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em,
Shmacky

GazLaz

Cigars
« Reply #13 on: 26-Mar-13, 23:44 »
Quote from: mikl;1239
Don't get me started...... Gave uo the smokes for 10 years, never even wanted one just gave up cold...... went into the Bottlo for a bottle of Port and there was a little humidor on the counter..... me thinks man I would love a little hand rolled vanilla with this bot of Galway....... So I buy both and with in 2 weeks I was back to smoking as many fags a day as I was 10 years before.... and you reckon I can give the bastids up now??????  :Cry:
Michael
I feel for you man....once a cig smoker always a cig smoker.
I have been 3yrs without...just a cigar every week or two.
I quit by buying stuff with the money I saved and after 3 weeks I was pretty much ok.

GazLaz

Cigars
« Reply #14 on: 26-Mar-13, 23:47 »
Shmacky I am jelous!
I could only wish to have a collection like that, my missus hassles me when I buy one! :Twitch:

JustJase

Cigars
« Reply #15 on: 27-Mar-13, 00:21 »
Yeah Scmacks! Thats a collection and then some. Where do you source your stash from? I might have to seriously pull my finger out and get started on something simillar to what you have there.

SAW.

Cigars
« Reply #16 on: 27-Mar-13, 07:44 »
A mate of mine is one of the largest importers of Cigars in Australia and carries a huge range.  Baranows Cigar & Whisky Lounge in Melbourne http://www.baranows.com/index.asp and they ship Australia wide.

FJfan

Cigars
« Reply #17 on: 27-Mar-13, 07:56 »
I wont touch em since I gave up smoking 4 years ago.
But I don't mind watching them being rolled on the thighs of nubile Cuban girls.  :Smirk:

Shmacky

Cigars
« Reply #18 on: 27-Mar-13, 19:52 »
I quit the cigarettes about 7 years ago. After about 2 years thought I'd try the cigars again as up until then wasn't sure I wouldn't start smoking again. Something that can help is to buy rather expensive cigars. That way you're never really tempted just to have one for the sake of it - you normally wait for a valid reason like a wedding etc. I've also started drinking the odd expensive Congac with em too. Don't do wine, so that's my excuse.

I import most of mine from Cigar One or Puroexpress. These are both run by the same legit store in Geneva, Switzerland. A lot cheaper than buying Australian I'm sorry. But don't forget to add about $100 per box in tax when customs pick them up. But sometimes they slip through anyway which is a bonus. Import tax for tobacco, non-commercial, is $483 per kilo.

Anything I buy from overseas normally sits in the humidor for about 6 months before I consider a smoke. But patience isn't my greatest virtue, so that may not always be true :)

Shmacky

Laney

Cigars
« Reply #19 on: 06-Apr-13, 08:17 »
I get mine from Baranows, they give good service. Nice to have with a quality scotch. Import sounds good.

GazLaz

Cigars
« Reply #20 on: 20-Apr-13, 20:14 »
Just enjoyed a Cohiba lanceros.
Got a few more plus a punch and a few choice dominicans in the humidor :-)

Alloy C/T

Cigars
« Reply #21 on: 21-Apr-13, 11:30 »
Loved a good cigar every now and then ,trouble being gave up the ciggies 17th june 02 and not game to even have 1 puff knowing that  I'd be back on the nicotine addiction instantly ,

GazLaz

Cigars
« Reply #22 on: 21-Apr-13, 12:48 »
Yeah it's an easy trap to fall back into.
Well done for quitting for so long!

Southern Tas

Cigars
« Reply #23 on: 29-Apr-13, 23:03 »
I love cigars and have over one hundred pipes with a fair stock of pipe tobacco. In fact I've been stocking up for years so when they do ban them I'll be sitting pretty. Too many favourite pipe tobaccos to list but R y J Cazadores and Churchills and Cohiba Maduros are always handy around my glove boxes.

Auto-Craft

Cigars
« Reply #24 on: 01-Jun-13, 11:45 »
Cohiba's seem to be the staple cigar for Toyotaowners going back over 15 years, since the early days of LCOOL, even while at Cruise Moab this year, they were lentiful around the official fireplace [while the wives werent looking]

Cruiser