Cruiser

Author Topic: Good deals  (Read 106819 times)

GazLaz

Good deals
« on: 13-Nov-13, 22:28 »
Super crap auto has the run ryder 12000lb winch with dyneema and fairlead half price at $498 or there about.
Repco has a oricom remote control 5w uhf for half price at $140.
And repco has adjustable height hitches for $60.
« Last Edit: 14-Nov-13, 16:35 by GazLaz »
      

chilliman

Good deals
« Reply #1 on: 14-Nov-13, 13:11 »
The steel cable winch is $450, the Dyneema is $498. Picked one up - happy to give it a go at that price I haven't heard of too many of them dieing yet.
      

Charlesa88

Good deals
« Reply #2 on: 14-Nov-13, 16:16 »
I was in ARB yesterday and they said for Xmas their premium recovery kit will be $400. 'More Info'. Doesn't have a winch in there, but has all the recovery kit. This price will start as of 20 November 2013.
      

chilliman

Good deals
« Reply #3 on: 14-Nov-13, 17:24 »
I also picked up a recovery kit whilst at Super Crap auto.  
Snatch Strap
Snatch block
2 shackles
Equaliser strap
Winch extension strap (20m)
trunk protector
carry baggy
leather glovers
$148.  
I thought that was pretty good value. :Cool:
Here's the link:
Super Cheap Auto Catalogues
      

GazLaz

Good deals
« Reply #4 on: 14-Nov-13, 17:39 »
Quote from: chilliman;27235
I also picked up a recovery kit whilst at Super Crap auto.  
Snatch Strap
Snatch block
2 shackles
Equaliser strap
Winch extension strap (20m)
trunk protector
carry baggy
leather glovers
$148.  
I thought that was pretty good value. :Cool:
Here's the link:
Super Cheap Auto Catalogues
Awesome!
They have some good deals going.
      

Jaeger

Good deals
« Reply #5 on: 14-Nov-13, 22:21 »
Winch near enough $400 and a set of plastic recovery tracks near enough $300? How is it plastic tracks cost this much?
      

GazLaz

Good deals
« Reply #6 on: 14-Nov-13, 22:27 »
Quote from: Jaeger;27303
Winch near enough $400 and a set of plastic recovery tracks near enough $300? How is it plastic tracks cost this much?

Cos they say maxtrax!
look on ebay there are copies for $120 which is still pricey.
      

Jaeger

Good deals
« Reply #7 on: 14-Nov-13, 22:34 »
Quote from: GazLaz;27304
Cos they say maxtrax!
look on ebay there are copies for $120 which is still pricey.

My point exactly
      

FJWally

Good deals
« Reply #8 on: 15-Nov-13, 22:40 »
"Plastic aint plastics"

You could always come to the national Summit where there will be two sets up for grabs

Quote from: Jaeger;27307
My point exactly
      

FJ44WD

Good deals
« Reply #9 on: 17-Nov-13, 20:07 »
I havn't seen the kits on sale at supercheap but be very wary of getting a snatch strap that is too light for your style of vehicle, i see in some of ther kits in the catalogue they start at 5,000kgs' a minimum I suggest for an FJ would be 8,000kg's
      

GazLaz

Good deals
« Reply #10 on: 17-Nov-13, 20:58 »
Quote from: FJ44WD;27677
I havn't seen the kits on sale at supercheap but be very wary of getting a snatch strap that is too light for your style of vehicle, i see in some of ther kits in the catalogue they start at 5,000kgs' a minimum I suggest for an FJ would be 8,000kg's

Very true, you have to take in to account the suction of the bog, any hills and it is always preferable to have too much of a rating with something like this.
      

chilliman

Good deals
« Reply #11 on: 17-Nov-13, 21:34 »
11,000 kg snatch strap included in the kit
      

SAW.

Good deals
« Reply #12 on: 17-Nov-13, 21:54 »
Quote from: GazLaz;27685
Very true, you have to take in to account the suction of the bog, any hills and it is always preferable to have too much of a rating with something like this.

It is important to have one strong enough, but going too much oversized can also be a problem. Snatch straps rely on the stored forces from the towing vehicle, which means that if the towing vehicle is too light it won't work well. A 8,000kg will be fine, but a 15,000kg will be too heavy for the FJ & won't work well on anything short of a F250.

Quality of the straps varies greatly. A trick that was shown to me by someone that designs straps for a living is to run your nail across the width if the strap a couple of times. The cheaper straps will have the fibres seperate under your nail & start to abraid, whilst the highwr quality straps wont. Hard to describe but works well to compare straps. Always spend the money to get quality recovery gear, not only are you risking your vehicle everytime you use it, but also your life. When someone is selling a complete kit for barely more than the other guys are selling just a strap for, you have to question the quality. Remember thar the shackles & snatch block both have to be stamped with SWL, which means they have been tested to a standard, the straps don't, so there is no knowing what you are getting.
      

FJWally

Good deals
« Reply #13 on: 18-Nov-13, 06:59 »
On deals in general Anaconda about to go on sale in next week or so - 25% off storewide on most high end stuff

Managed to get discount of a new black wolf mat and a jet boil - great bit of kit the jetfoil - 2 minutes from cold water to boil - very impressive.
      

Adrock

Good deals
« Reply #14 on: 15-Jan-14, 17:23 »
Maxtrax for $265. Cheapest I've seen. Wolf 4x4 - Maxtrax
      

GazLaz

Good deals
« Reply #15 on: 19-Jan-14, 17:39 »
There is an oem audio unit on ebay with only 1 bid at $100 at the moment.
Toyota 6 1" Touch Screen MP3 USB AUX Bluetooth Voice Command Radio | eBay
« Last Edit: 19-Jan-14, 19:06 by GazLaz »
      

Maurice

Good deals
« Reply #16 on: 19-Jan-14, 19:03 »
That is not a satnav unit... Photo and description clearly show it is a standard unit replaced for satnav upgrade
      

GazLaz

Good deals
« Reply #17 on: 19-Jan-14, 19:06 »
Quote from: drugdependant;34832
That is not a satnav unit... Photo and description clearly show it is a standard unit replaced for satnav upgrade

Thanks, ammended post.
      

webby

Good deals
« Reply #18 on: 19-Jan-14, 22:06 »
i live in adelaide and a place called rays outdoors were selling them for $217 on special, I wish we brought to sets now !
      

Drew

Good deals
« Reply #19 on: 01-Mar-14, 16:48 »


ARB are running this deal from March 1st to April 18th. Very tempted........
      

GazLaz

Good deals
« Reply #20 on: 13-Mar-14, 23:16 »
Quote from: GazLaz;27170
Super crap auto has the run ryder 12000lb winch with dyneema and fairlead half price at $498 or there about.
Repco has a oricom remote control 5w uhf for half price at $140.
And repco has adjustable height hitches for $60.


The winch is on sale again.
      

Craig the Black

Good deals
« Reply #21 on: 18-Mar-14, 10:41 »
Awnings and other "goodies".

I noticed these on eBay this morning. Putting the up links if anyone is interested.
Haven't dealt with them or have any affiliation.

eBay Deals - Big Deals Little Effort | deals.ebay.com.au
Sungazer USA CAR Roof TOP Awning Tent Camper Trailer 4WD 4x4 Camping Hiking Rack | eBay
      

FJShane

Good deals
« Reply #22 on: 19-Mar-14, 22:15 »
Scoopon have a go pro sale running
Hero 3+ black edition $399.95 + p/h
Hero 3+ silver edition $299.00 + p/h

They have other accessories as well but not sure if there is an as good discount?
      

GazLaz

Good deals
« Reply #23 on: 19-Mar-14, 22:16 »
Quote from: FJShane;43601
Scoopon have a go pro sale running
Hero 3+ black edition $399.95 + p/h
Hero 3+ silver edition $299.00 + p/h

They have other accessories as well but not sure if there is an as good discount?

That is cheaper than ebay, well done! :Clap:
      

OJ Clay

Good deals
« Reply #24 on: 20-Mar-14, 09:29 »
Quote from: FJShane;43601
Scoopon have a go pro sale running
Hero 3+ black edition $399.95 + p/h
Hero 3+ silver edition $299.00 + p/h

They have other accessories as well but not sure if there is an as good discount?


That is bloody good...Does everything have a time limit on that site Shane ? Never been on it before..