Cruiser

Author Topic: TJM T13 bar install  (Read 17120 times)

drwormy

Re: TJM T13 bar install
« Reply #125 on: 12-Aug-17, 15:07 »
Which side?  Passenger is closer to the battery, drivers is closer to the....driver!!

Can you access the wired plug?  Can you post some pics of how you mounted it?

I fitted mine in the bar at the ends, just unbolt the panel and you will see plenty of room.

GazLaz

« Reply #126 on: 12-Aug-17, 20:06 »
Which side?  Passenger is closer to the battery, drivers is closer to the....driver!!

Can you access the wired plug?  Can you post some pics of how you mounted it?
It is on the passenger side with the wired controller plugged in and just behind the battery.  I also put a wireless kit in the solenoid box. To mount it  just wedged it in and used long cable ties and some hdpe foam.  I intended to work a better way out but it has been fine.
I extended the cables too.
Sorry i didnt take photos.

dad

« Reply #127 on: 13-Aug-17, 10:06 »
A minor point re TJM T13 Bars. If you have a look from the 'right front wheel level' towards the Bar, you'll notice a considerable gap with a good view of the winch. Particularly the Terminals.
I attached approx. 160mm X 50mm X 6mm rubber slips covering left and right gaps. The right side critical.

Every clay trip since I've washed off up to 20mm of clay off these protection strips which otherwise would have went directly into the winch cavity. At Fraser, as another example, the protection strips worked preventing the ingress of salt and sand.

Cheers

dad

Cruiser