Cruiser

Author Topic: FJ Cruiser Drive Modes (ABS, TRC, VSC, A-TRAC and DIFF LOCK explained)  (Read 356 times)

KathyL

A couple of years ago I came across a topic on the Blue Room with the title Condensed overview of VSC, A-TRAC, ABS, drive modes that included a PowerPoint file (attached here as "FJ Cruiser Drive Modes - USA 2008 Auto.pdf")

If the information in that document is correct it seems that TRC and VSC were implemented differently in the Australian FJ Cruiser models (ie, computer controlled for the USA models versus user selectable for the AUS models).

I've created a similar version of the document from the Blue Room (attached here as "FJ Cruiser Drive Modes - AUS 2011-2016 Auto - Colour.pdf" and  "FJ Cruiser Drive Modes - AUS 2011-2016 Auto - Greyscale.pdf") which I believe is correct for all Australian FJ Cruiser models (it doesn't cover CRAWL) and what I'd like is for those in the know to review it and let me know if any corrections need to be made.

Edit 1:  Here is a link to a related and interesting article: How to drive the 2015 Toyota FJ Cruiser offroad

Edit 2:  I've created a greyscale version and a new colour version that should use a lot less ink!

amts

The US FJs, prior to its introduction to Australia, follows the 120 Prado whereby the TRC and VSC are computer controlled.

The FJs that were introduced into Australia follows the 150 Prado.

BBTJ

Cooooool post.

KathyL

The US FJs, prior to its introduction to Australia, follows the 120 Prado whereby the TRC and VSC are computer controlled.

The FJs that were introduced into Australia follows the 150 Prado.
Thanks for the explanation!

oz-strom

Could someone clarify for me please. If using ATRAC off road, do you leave it on if you engage the diff lock? Does ATRAC still operate on the front wheels?

BirdmanFJ

Yep. it still operates on the front with the rear locked

drwormy

This is awesome for newbies and oldies alike.  I'm wondering about the usefulness / possibility of a wiki like page that links many of the useful (but often hard to find) threads that offer key information.  This seems like a prime candidate for such.

KathyL

This is awesome for newbies and oldies alike.
Hopefully it's technically correct - haven't received any advice to the contrary yet ...

I'm wondering about the usefulness / possibility of a wiki like page that links many of the useful (but often hard to find) threads that offer key information.  This seems like a prime candidate for such.
Done!!  I recently became aware of a forum software add-on named "Our Important Topics" and I've just installed and configured it.

There is now an "Our Important Topics" option under the "Forum" top menu (at present this can only be seen by logged in members but if necessary I can also make it visible to guests).  When you click on "Our Important Topics" you will see a list of - you guessed it - our important topics!
https://fjcc.com.au/images/ImportantTopics_1.jpg https://fjcc.com.au/images/ImportantTopics_2.jpg

I've assigned the permission to mark/unmark topics as important to Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, State Coordinators and the Summit Team.
https://fjcc.com.au/images/ImportantTopics_3.jpg

Neil Watts

Thanks Kathy, I'm really #%*&in tired and this *makes sense now.

KathyL

I've created a greyscale version and a new colour version that should use a lot less ink when printed - both attached to first post.

Rager

Awesome post/thread. Thanks for the effort. Its unbelievable just how much I have forgotten since I've not been using the car in off road conditions.
I just reinstalled the fridge and had to look at old photos to see how i set it up the first time.

Cheers

Cruiser