Cruiser

Author Topic: on the move again at terowie  (Read 290 times)

PYDFJ

on the move again at terowie
« on: 09-Oct-17, 22:23 »
Hi like to get to TEROWIE again before they close up for 3 months   looking at 17th 18th 19th   November
like to get a lot more fjs there this time   :happydude: so put your hands up and make a go of it  :happythumbsup:

BenneBluJ

Re: on the move again at terowie
« Reply #1 on: 12-Oct-17, 20:51 »
Gee dont all jump at once, I'll say yep at this stage for sure :Driver:

Getdan

« Reply #2 on: 13-Oct-17, 10:12 »
Hi folks, I'm interested
Would this be child friendly as I most likely would have my 11 yo daughter with me? Also possibly could only do Sat/Sun, but I'm interested if it goes ahead

PYDFJ

« Reply #3 on: 13-Oct-17, 17:04 »
there a old truck they can play on i dont know how many other kids will be there
they have a real toilets and next year hope to have showers and play ground  and a BMX track too

Getdan

« Reply #4 on: 16-Oct-17, 10:20 »
OK Cheers, will have a think, she's 11, going on 15, so a weekend of 4WD isn't so much fun in her eyes at the moment.  Keen to join some kind of FJ trip though as I'm yet to get to one.

PYDFJ

« Reply #5 on: 23-Oct-17, 20:59 »
yeah it be nice to get a few replys   and not just lookers    maybe the rest are too worry about getting there cars dirty     COME ON GUYS   they are 4 wheel drives so get out there and get dirty     put your name in the hat   give it a go

BlacktopFJ

« Reply #6 on: 01-Nov-17, 14:07 »
I will be there. I believe that they were going to build a kids playground at the campsite soon . Toilets are all set and I think showers will be done soon too.
Looking forward to getting up there again 😊

Getdan

« Reply #7 on: 01-Nov-17, 14:52 »
I'd like to join you folks but unfortunately won't be able to but I will look out for other FJ trips if they are posted up here.  Seen a heap of new FJ's around as people have picked up the last ones, mostly still stock and I got a couple of odd looks when I waved, but also a couple of waves

A saw a guy at Snowys with a Sandstorm, so I encouraged him to join the forum - he said he'd read a lot of stuff on the forum but never signed up - I guess this the case for quite a few in SA!

hamfish

« Reply #8 on: 03-Nov-17, 21:50 »
i like the sound of trip, whats required?? as I have no UHF or first aid.

some places require these as a min requirement to enter

PYDFJ

« Reply #9 on: 06-Nov-17, 19:48 »
got it all if you dont have a uhf we have a hand held one you can use      anything you want know you can call if you like  0419646286  Neale

BenneBluJ

« Reply #10 on: 15-Nov-17, 18:11 »
Not happy have to miss out this time due to work commitments

Getdan

« Reply #11 on: 01-Dec-17, 10:53 »
Hi folks
Did you get to Terowie? Any reports/feedback?

Not a lot of action seemingly on the SA Forum section, although I see more and more FJ's driving around, still a lot of stock ones that seem fairly new.

I met Nigel in a cement at the Coles car park in Mt Barker last weekend, had a chat, spread the word about the forum.

So - any future trip planning happening?  Busy time with Christmas coming but I'll be down at Yorkes over New Year and can't imagine being the only FJ down that way at that time if anyone wanted to plan a meet up.
In the meantime I'll keep spreading the word about the forum to other FJ folk as I come across them.
Cheers Dan

BlacktopFJ

« Reply #12 on: 01-Dec-17, 14:00 »
PYDFJ and I were the only FJs to go but we had a total of 9 vehicles  on the weekend. Check the FJ Cruiser  South Aussie fb page and there are some photos there 👍

Cruiser