Cruiser

Author Topic: FJ Cruiser Spotting - NSW  (Read 78273 times)

sydneysally99

FJ Cruiser Spotting - NSW
« on: 21-Mar-13, 17:43 »
Out and about today...

One 2013 orange clay at the dealer's awaiting pre-delivery
One voodoo blue on Northern Road at M4 junction this afternoon - totally stock

Hoo Roo Rod

« Reply #1 on: 25-Mar-13, 11:17 »
white one heading nth in Berowra today....gave a happy wave....got one back....

Peter

« Reply #2 on: 25-Mar-13, 17:34 »
Greetings
A stock green in St Ives car park with ladies onboard nice wave.
Cheers
Peter

sydneysally99

« Reply #3 on: 26-Mar-13, 18:29 »
Saw two today

M4 westbound - coming in from M7 - Titanium with nudge bar, rock rails.  Saw him again on Northern Road at Penrith when
he was heading north.
Lawson Street Penrith - just off High St - red fury.  Besuited male had just parked it and was walking away across the road - I waved at him
and got a wave back!

riffa

« Reply #4 on: 26-Mar-13, 21:01 »
Spotted a white one pulled up just off Cranebrook Rd with the drivers door open around 2:30pm, another (cant remember the colour) on the The Northern Rd near Luddenham around 3:20pm and a voodoo on the Princes Hwy in Wollongong around 4:15pm.

Unfortunately I was in the wifes car so no waves  :Sorry:

fanminjian

« Reply #5 on: 27-Mar-13, 10:21 »
what's wrong with the forum? all data gone?

Sussed

« Reply #6 on: 27-Mar-13, 12:04 »
Quote from: fanminjian;1310
what's wrong with the forum? all data gone?

Yep, it appears that way. Although I am still yet to find a thread about it. New site has obviously replaced all previous database. Oh well, nice to have a new forum which will be much easier to use for all.

On the FJ spotting - if you see someone, make sure you give the thumbs up! It's only recently that I am getting snobbed. If the Mrs is driving, you will barely ever get a wave but my girlfriend still does it religiously when driving on her own!!

sydneysally99

« Reply #7 on: 27-Mar-13, 20:00 »
Oh oh... you have both a Mrs AND a girlfriend?

Maybe Im reading your grammar incorrectly...  :Investigate:

JustJase

« Reply #8 on: 28-Mar-13, 00:59 »
Yeah I asnt sure if it was just me noticing that one but I didnt't want to say anything incase there was some sort of swinning thing going on in the shadows of the forum!

Or maybe that stuff only goes on in Manly?  :Funny:

Sussed

« Reply #9 on: 29-Mar-13, 00:02 »
Hahah... Honest slip of the tongue there gents. Mrs and girlfriend is the same one (unfortunately) ;)

Hoo Roo Rod

« Reply #10 on: 30-Mar-13, 10:38 »
2nd hornet in my driveway...met a nice couple in a stock FJ who live up the road from us....1st assist will be helping to rid theirs of the annoying bong bong bong...

sydneysally99

« Reply #11 on: 01-Apr-13, 14:28 »
Im just back (and not unpacked) from a 700km weekend drive.  Penrith-Capertee-Bylong-Mudgee-Mumbil-Penrith.  Lots of tarmac, but a whole day of 4WDing up Bylong Creek.  Magic!  Spotted:

Friday - none.  Not a one.  And that was Penrith to Bylong via Capertee and Kandos/Rylstone.  
And no others on the 4WD property
Saturday - none.  Not a one.  And that included Mudgee on Saturday morning during peak shopping hours.
Sunday - ding!  One lone titanium heading towards Burrendong Dam on Burrendong Way around 4pm.
Monday - Bingo day!  But not till I got down to the upper mountains!  
- hornet heading west on GWH near Blackheath - male driving - stock vehicle
- titanium heading west on GWH near Medlow Bath - male driving - bullbar, racks, sliders etc.  Rego was FAKIN?
- voodoo blue heading west on GWH near Hazelbrook - driven by a male of Asian background - stock vehicle
- black heading east on GWH - followed him from Lawson thru to Northern Road on M4 - rego FJ24WD - male driver - he was as over the holiday traffic as I was!
Anyone on here want to fess up to being spotted?

CroToy

« Reply #12 on: 01-Apr-13, 18:17 »
Quote from: sydneysally99;1735
Im just back (and not unpacked) from a 700km weekend drive.  Penrith-Capertee-Bylong-Mudgee-Mumbil-Penrith.  Lots of tarmac, but a whole day of 4WDing up Bylong Creek.  Magic!  Spotted:

Friday - none.  Not a one.  And that was Penrith to Bylong via Capertee and Kandos/Rylstone.  
And no others on the 4WD property
Saturday - none.  Not a one.  And that included Mudgee on Saturday morning during peak shopping hours.
Sunday - ding!  One lone titanium heading towards Burrendong Dam on Burrendong Way around 4pm.
Monday - Bingo day!  But not till I got down to the upper mountains!  
- hornet heading west on GWH near Blackheath - male driving - stock vehicle
- titanium heading west on GWH near Medlow Bath - male driving - bullbar, racks, sliders etc.  Rego was FAKIN?
- voodoo blue heading west on GWH near Hazelbrook - driven by a male of Asian background - stock vehicle
- black heading east on GWH - followed him from Lawson thru to Northern Road on M4 - rego FJ24WD - male driver - he was as over the holiday traffic as I was!
Anyone on here want to fess up to being spotted?

I spent couple of great days in Blue Mountains....(FAK11N)

sydneysally99

« Reply #13 on: 01-Apr-13, 19:51 »
 :Hi: and welcome to the forum, CroToy - your signature looks like it about covers the vehicle I saw.  Look forward to catching up on one of the FJCC trips soon!

CroToy

« Reply #14 on: 01-Apr-13, 20:00 »
Quote from: sydneysally99;1758
:Hi: and welcome to the forum, CroToy - your signature looks like it about covers the vehicle I saw.  Look forward to catching up on one of the FJCC trips soon!
Thanks...i'm looking forward :Waiting:......

sydneysally99

« Reply #15 on: 01-Apr-13, 20:02 »
I spent the weekend scouting out a location for a weekend of play.  More details later.

fanminjian

« Reply #16 on: 01-Apr-13, 22:52 »
Spot blue in Ryde.

boarnsw

« Reply #17 on: 05-Apr-13, 23:16 »
Keeping spot a cement (I may be wrong with colur in and around work in the surry hills area). Does have a RFDS sticker on it to we leads me to sus

boarnsw

« Reply #18 on: 05-Apr-13, 23:17 »
Keeping spot a cement (I may be wrong with colur in and around work in the surry hills area). Does have a RFDS sticker on it to we leads me to suspect they're here somewhere.
There is also now a stock voodoo blue always parked around work to. No it's not mine and I did try to park mine right near it the other day but the vacant spot wasn't big enough.

sydneysally99

« Reply #19 on: 06-Apr-13, 18:26 »
Ahhh the frustation of the parking spots around Surry Hills  :Wow:

I took a trip down to Berry today - my daughter drove down and was 'too tired' to drive back.  Gotta love 24yo's who stay out half the night!
Saw:
Orange clay in the dealer's yard at Narellan
White - travelling north on Northern Road at Narellan - rego 13CA**
Voodoo blue - on F3 freeway just past the speed camera at Wollongong Uni heading south
Cement - heading south thru main street of Gerringong towards Gerroa
White - racks, bullbar etc - heading south on highway towards Bombo

Anyone want to own up to any of them?

Shmacky

« Reply #20 on: 08-Apr-13, 22:15 »
Quote from: boarnsw;2288
Keeping spot a cement (I may be wrong with colur in and around work in the surry hills area). Does have a RFDS sticker on it to we leads me to suspect they're here somewhere.
There is also now a stock voodoo blue always parked around work to. No it's not mine and I did try to park mine right near it the other day but the vacant spot wasn't big enough.

This would be Hans & Arjan I believe. Number plate is FJSYD I think? Titanium in colour. Not sure if they're on the new forum.
Or could be someone else's all together....

sydneysally99

« Reply #21 on: 09-Apr-13, 06:59 »
I dont think Hans and Arjan's FJ has a RFDS sticker on it so I dont think its their car.  They're currently O/S anyhow so it would no doubt be parked somewhere in a basement carpark.

Lloydy

« Reply #22 on: 11-Apr-13, 07:47 »
Looked out the window this morning and saw this beautiful black FJC.  Then realised... Wait...that's mine.

Already 5 weeks old and I still can't believe I went out and bought one.. Still like a kid with a new toy .... Awesome truck :)

retlaw

« Reply #23 on: 12-Apr-13, 09:30 »
Saw a TI on Wednesday on Pacific hwy St Leonards personal plate FJ....(number of the beast!)
Then a white with black wheels in the same spot yesterday.

sydneysally99

« Reply #24 on: 12-Apr-13, 19:40 »
Saw a Ti heading north on Cumberland Highway crossing Gt Western Hwy at Wentworthville around 7.45am this morning.  Nudge bar, roofracks, female driver.