Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by dunskii on 19 Jun 2017
  • Hi all,
    I'm about to send Franky to see the sparky, to get some Anderson plugs and usb in the back for the fridge and awning light etc. And figured while it was there, it would be a good idea to get some power to the back seats for the kids tablets and the like.
    Just wondering how others have done it. I was thinking putting 4 usbs in the back of the centre console.
    Thanks in advance,
    D
  • #2 by GazLaz on 19 Jun 2017
  • That's probably the best spot, i have seen them in the half doors too.
  • #3 by stumcd on 21 Jun 2017
  • Dunskii
    Check the amount of space when the seats are folded down.
    I have a dual cig outlet mounted on the back of the centre console and it clashes with the top of the seats.

Regards
    Stuart
  • #4 by Stepho_62 on 21 Jun 2017
  • Dunskii,

I did dome work for a bloke with an FJ about 6 months ago.  This is what i did. 

In the back seat there is a depression just about at elbow height in the plastic moulding on each body panel.  Behind this moulding there is a veritable shedload of space and I put 2 x 2.1A Dual USB outlets in on either side. There is sufficient room to use a hole saw, drop the outlet n and wire it up and still get 5 Kg of something behind the panel.
    https://www.jaycar.com.au/panel-surface-mount-dual-usb-charging-ports-with-4-2a-output-12-24vdc/p/PS2030
  • #5 by dunskii on 21 Jun 2017
  • Thanks for the input guys.
    Will let you know what I end up doing
  • #6 by KathyL on 22 Jun 2017
  • We've mounted power outlets just on the side and just below the seat base of the rear seats - they are out of the way (even with cords plugged in) but easy to get to.

The attached photo shows a Waeco fridge power outlet (which is wired directly to the battery using the supplied 6B&S cabling) but the same location cold be used for a surface mount dual outlet.
  • #7 by dunskii on 20 Aug 2017
  •  Ok so I thought I'd give an update. We ended up just adding a double USB to the back of the centre console, we also added a double USB and AUX power to the rear drivers side while we were doing the Anderson plugs for the fridge and awning light.

Till next time,
    D

Pages:
Actions