Cruiser

Author Topic: 2016: What did you do with your FJ today??  (Read 365 times)

Neil Watts

2016: What did you do with your FJ today??
« on: 01-Jan-16, 16:41 »
Worked on the toolbox.

Ok so...... I'm no electrician
Added 12ah battery, LED light, 2 x 5w solar panels and a cig lighter outlet to run the camp shower.
IMG_2684.jpg
2016: What did you do with your FJ today?? * IMG_2684.jpg
(119.04 kB, 768x1024)

BONDY96

Re: 2016: What did you do with your FJ today??
« Reply #1 on: 01-Jan-16, 17:17 »
went down to the boat harbour at around 8 and stayed till 4 , had bacon and egg rolls for breakie and the chicken wraps for lunch, ended up having to pull a few people out of the softer sand when the tide cam in and people in the little softroaders trying to go through at road pressure  :Sorry: which was amusing... surf was pretty good too!

Matt
« Last Edit: 01-Jan-16, 17:23 by BONDY96 »

LMFJ

« Reply #2 on: 02-Jan-16, 12:43 »

Decided to install the rear grab handles today. Given they are pretty much for asthetic purposes I decided to drill a hole in each of the covers to make it look the goods. Before I did though I grabbed a second set of covers from the Toyota Parts crew when I got my last service done just in case things didn't go to plan.

For those interested here is the part #
image.jpg
2016: What did you do with your FJ today?? * image.jpg
(25.02 kB, 620x463)
image.jpg
2016: What did you do with your FJ today?? * image.jpg
(46.57 kB, 620x463)

LEVz_

« Reply #3 on: 02-Jan-16, 13:04 »
Quote from: LMFJ;114789

Decided to install the rear grab handles today. Given they are pretty much for asthetic purposes I decided to drill a hole in each of the covers to make it look the goods. Before I did though I grabbed a second set of covers from the Toyota Parts crew when I got my last service done just in case things didn't go to plan.

I've had some people use them. Actually surprised me as I thought they'd be for aesthetics only too. I like the idea of the drilled out covers, do they pop off if you pull on the handle?

LMFJ

« Reply #4 on: 02-Jan-16, 16:24 »
Quote from: LEVz_;114790
I've had some people use them. Actually surprised me as I thought they'd be for aesthetics only too. I like the idea of the drilled out covers, do they pop off if you pull on the handle?

Not when I did the test pull... Will have to wait and see when somebody uses them to jump in.

Voodoo11

« Reply #5 on: 02-Jan-16, 16:42 »
G'day,
Replaced my led DRL's ....
with new blue led DRL's ....
LOLOLOL

Cheers
Baz

William

« Reply #6 on: 02-Jan-16, 17:01 »
Just left the VIC crew out in Walhala and now back home ... for the first time in 9 days since leaving for the high country :D

Some more pics that I couldn't upload in time while on the road to another campsite.....

Got wood? This is one for dodgy

Went hunting for a mine and ended up doing a bit of a hike and picked up this little fella.

It turned out that the path we hiked on was not the right one... and we found the real track that led to the mine. It was tight and overgrown - too tight in some places.

Approximately 5KMs (half way) in we hit a roadblock which we could not go around... which then meant the painful task of reversing up some seriously tight and overgrown places. The FJ got new pinstripes in places it hadn't gotten any this trip... yep.. in reverse.

Mate had a jaffle iron and were gave it a whirl. I've since perfected the technique and will be having jaffles for brekky and lunch from here on out!

Spent 4 hours looking for a good campspot and found this gem. We spent two nights at this site which is tucked away in a dead end track. Crystal clear waters with rapids that provided a gentle massage. I've earmarked this location as a must to revisit. Looking to possibly run a club trip this way later in the year when it warms up again.

Also found this little guy who would not leave!

Got more pics on the SLR and drone that I need to upload and share...

Will post the Walhala pics in the trip details or report thread once Chriso and the gang get back.

Greg Lindsell

« Reply #7 on: 02-Jan-16, 17:43 »
Quote from: LMFJ;114789

Where did you buy the handles from?.  I see they are made from cord.  Cheers

LMFJ

« Reply #8 on: 02-Jan-16, 17:48 »
Quote from: Greg Lindsell;114804
Where did you buy the handles from?.  I see they are made from cord.  Cheers

Got them from CruiserGear... Not too badly priced even with the exchange rate and you can choose the colours you want.

jacob_sass

« Reply #9 on: 02-Jan-16, 19:13 »
Had mine for a while. They help when stepping on the side to do stuff on the roof

jacob_sass

« Reply #10 on: 02-Jan-16, 19:40 »
Quote from: LMFJ;114805
Got them from CruiserGear... Not too badly priced even with the exchange rate and you can choose the colours you want.

Just spoke to my mates at Cruiser Gear. They're offering 20% off for FJCC members.

Simply use the code FJCCAU01 on checkout.

Stepho_62

« Reply #11 on: 02-Jan-16, 21:42 »
Quote from: LEVz_;114663
Thanks KathyL, I don't think mine are still well enough to work for now though.

Stepho thanks for the wise words. Definitely love learning and today was a big day of learning. Looking forward to the next time I need to take part in a recovery.. Hopefully I'll be the one getting someone else out.

The great thing you get from getting bogged (besides a sense of humility) is the opportunity to use some rat cunning n some of that stuff that is accumulating in the storehouse of knowledge.   What your commencing is a journey from both conscious incompetence and unconscious incompetence to conscious competence.  Its an awesum journey.  Enjoy n don't be afraid to occasionally get bogged, we have give the owners of lesser 4wd's something to talk about around the fire  :Awesome:
« Last Edit: 03-Jan-16, 20:50 by Stepho_62 »

UnknownLatitude

« Reply #12 on: 03-Jan-16, 14:21 »
Did a little but of shopping for the FJ, been umming and arring about what fridge to get.
Went and checked them out in person, good deals were to be had and a voucher made things that little better and walked out with the following.

40L Engle Fridge MT45FP
Engle Cover \ Bag to match (have to go back to pickup, none left)
The fixed mount slide tray
Digital temp guage

mikl

« Reply #13 on: 03-Jan-16, 14:31 »
Quote from: jacob_sass;114810
Just spoke to my mates at Cruiser Gear. They're offering 20% off for FJCC members.

Simply use the code FJCCAU01 on checkout.

Jacob, changed your name to Roothy or Glenno or Seano??????????
Michael

GazLaz

« Reply #14 on: 03-Jan-16, 14:58 »
Quote from: UnknownLatitude;114859
Did a little but of shopping for the FJ, been umming and arring about what fridge to get.
Went and checked them out in person, good deals were to be had and a voucher made things that little better and walked out with the following.

40L Engle Fridge MT45FP
Engle Cover \ Bag to match (have to go back to pickup, none left)
The fixed mount slide tray
Digital temp guage

Nice!

DellyMay

« Reply #15 on: 03-Jan-16, 17:19 »
Today we took the FJ down south and drove along the Collie River and area.
Found some beautiful little camp spots!  :Smirk:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-uruNRl_fWOk/Voi5RPrATMI/AAAAAAAAJo0/mHRwbfi2-gI/s640-Ic42/IMG_0290.JPG
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-cOmpVqFlgvk/Voi5RHUYFKI/AAAAAAAAJo0/cZKF6M4jQQM/s640-Ic42/IMG_0292.JPG
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hJ6F9zEqzg8/Voi5RGVR8cI/AAAAAAAAJo0/X6ei0I6Gk0Y/s640-Ic42/IMG_0293.JPG
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-2za5aX0mQX0/Voi5RKOS5PI/AAAAAAAAJo0/9hsj0FLeiGE/s640-Ic42/IMG_0295.JPG
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-IUGHlqiwhJQ/Voi5RM6IA-I/AAAAAAAAJo0/K09QLCDs-d0/s640-Ic42/IMG_0296.JPG
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-rXmWYxOXKUw/Voi5RNLdEGI/AAAAAAAAJo0/-Z8ktlm1t2o/s912-Ic42/IMG_0297.JPG
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-HjB52b-KBMA/Voi9dm5DlNI/AAAAAAAAJr0/VRavu6MrUiI/s512-Ic42/IMG_0299.JPG

LEVz_

« Reply #16 on: 03-Jan-16, 17:57 »
Fitted a c channel me and dad made to the rhino rack to help routing wiring and making it all look nice and neat.

>moto<

« Reply #17 on: 03-Jan-16, 18:07 »
Finished off the conduit on the power steering pipes, fitted the second battery tray (fair bit of AC pipe bending needed and got the battery in. Even had to temporarily bend the clamp to get it to fit, I'll have to make up a better clamp in the coming weeks.

Stepho_62

« Reply #18 on: 03-Jan-16, 20:47 »
Thats beautiful Delly!  :Smile:

Stepho_62

« Reply #19 on: 03-Jan-16, 21:11 »
Arrived in Springsure, QLD on the 19th of December 2015 on the run to Brissy.

Got in in time to toss stuff into the hotel room n then go exploring.  As you enter Springsure from the Emerald end there is a very pretty vista on the Southern side which I decided needed further exploration.

This is the view looking North towards Emerald.  The photo just doesn't do it justice.  HEMA Maps track below.

HEMA Maps track
« Last Edit: 03-Jan-16, 21:37 by Stepho_62 »

jacob_sass

« Reply #20 on: 03-Jan-16, 21:51 »
Quote from: mikl;114863
Jacob, changed your name to Roothy or Glenno or Seano??????????
Michael

Hahaha I'm not a sellout. Cost me some social media work but figured why not.

BONDY96

« Reply #21 on: 04-Jan-16, 15:32 »
Decided on doing pre trip checks before driving a Sydney to Perth on the 6th , and went to pull the dipstick out and off come the handle and out comes no dipstick... And then the shocking sound "ting" the bloody stick hitting the bottom of the sump.
Now currently at Toyota... While they get it out and do a warranty job .  Not a fun day

Alloy C/T

« Reply #22 on: 04-Jan-16, 15:48 »
Giving the FJ a thorough going over ,of to LoonyToonsville on the morrow for a few days in the big smoke [insert sarcasm] to do some much needed shopping and R&R ,, 2&1/2 inches of rain on the 50km  dirt Bowen Downs Rd should make for a nice slip slide of mud...... then 200km before another 30km of wet before the H-way run from Torrens Ck to LoonyToonsville..... :Smile:

LEVz_

« Reply #23 on: 04-Jan-16, 15:58 »
Quote from: BONDY96;114954
Decided on doing pre trip checks before driving a Sydney to Perth on the 6th , and went to pull the dipstick out and off come the handle and out comes no dipstick... And then the shocking sound "ting" the bloody stick hitting the bottom of the sump.
Now currently at Toyota... While they get it out and do a warranty job .  Not a fun day

Mines stuck the same. Too scared to pull on it too hard. Only went to check it a few days ago.

Jimbo78aus

« Reply #24 on: 04-Jan-16, 16:41 »
Quote from: LEVz_;114959
Mines stuck the same. Too scared to pull on it too hard. Only went to check it a few days ago.

Mine was solid first time I checked but got it out, now whenever I pull dipstick I wipe some of the oil off it onto rubber o'ring to lubricate in prevention..

Cruiser