Cruiser

Author Topic: 2015: What did you do with your FJ today??  (Read 296 times)

Alloy C/T

2015: What did you do with your FJ today??
« on: 01-Jan-15, 09:25 »
50,000km service yesterday , actually 53,496 ……….
      

Stepho_62

Re: 2015: What did you do with your FJ today??
« Reply #1 on: 01-Jan-15, 16:41 »
Washed, n washed n washed n washed! Is there no place that the red BD doesnt get?  Will upload some pics to a post 4  uall to have a look at soon.
« Last Edit: 01-Jan-15, 17:40 by Stepho_62 »
      

BIGRANG

Re: 2015: What did you do with your FJ today??
« Reply #2 on: 01-Jan-15, 23:01 »
Went for a drive to Smiths Beach, excuse the photo it was taken from across the road on a balcony whilst drinking an icy cold Corona (It's a tough life sometimes)
image.jpg
2015: What did you do with your FJ today?? * image.jpg
(82.14 kB, 1024x768)
      

Benny E

Re: 2015: What did you do with your FJ today??
« Reply #3 on: 02-Jan-15, 15:56 »
Started making my Rear Quarter Panel Speaker Mounts for my Alpine 5 1/4" speakers, will look pretty good once i cover them in carpet or vinyl of some sort. 3 speakers installed, i got another 6 to go. :Awesome:

      

KathyL

Re: 2015: What did you do with your FJ today??
« Reply #4 on: 02-Jan-15, 16:59 »
Bought a fairly comprehensive Stanley metric* toolkit (77-096) for the FJ - it means I won't need to pinch too much stuff from the tool sets/kits we have in the garage when we go away (or that if one of us goes away on our own the other one will still have a full set of tools at home!).  



I particularly like that this toolkit has screwdrivers, pliers and an adjustable spanner and that the two tool storage shells can be separated if necessary (they are joined using retractable spring hinges).



*  So many toolkits include SAE or AF tools and, with the exception of spark plug spanners, I don't see any point in having SAE/AF tools for a metric only vehicle - if I need them I'll add them individually.
Stanley_77-096_Toolkit.jpg
2015: What did you do with your FJ today?? * Stanley_77-096_Toolki
(70.25 kB, 799x799)
      

Anakist

Re: 2015: What did you do with your FJ today??
« Reply #5 on: 02-Jan-15, 20:56 »
Went camping and tested all the tested all the lights.





James
      

Craig TAS

Re: 2015: What did you do with your FJ today??
« Reply #6 on: 03-Jan-15, 10:25 »
Currently on holidays in the highlands of PNG at Mt Hagen where it is very wet and muddy, monsooal season is currently in full swing up here. A good friend has borrowed us his old VX to drive around, great 4 wheeling here every time we get on the road/track in the mud every day. Whilst the VX isn't an FJ it's still fun in the clay. Sadly there are no FJs in PNG appart from the one or two that may have been imported privately.
      

Benny E

Re: 2015: What did you do with your FJ today??
« Reply #7 on: 03-Jan-15, 17:24 »
Changed out my dash speakers today with some Alpine 4" Type S, had to do a little bit of massaging to make them fit, but got there in the end.


      

Stepho_62

Re: 2015: What did you do with your FJ today??
« Reply #8 on: 03-Jan-15, 18:46 »
Took this photo, just cause I can n it looks tough!



- - - Updated - - -

Took this photo, just cause I can n it looks tough!

      

GazLaz

Re: 2015: What did you do with your FJ today??
« Reply #9 on: 03-Jan-15, 19:34 »
To be sure
To be sure
 :Smirk:
      

mikl

Re: 2015: What did you do with your FJ today??
« Reply #10 on: 03-Jan-15, 19:43 »
Make a difference Benny?
Michael
      

mikl

Re: 2015: What did you do with your FJ today??
« Reply #11 on: 03-Jan-15, 19:48 »
Just drove home from 2 nights in Wonnangatta, no one around so we camped in the Elms on Conglomerate Creek. Only saw 4 vehicles the whole trip out.
Pics to follow.
Michael
      

Benny E

Re: 2015: What did you do with your FJ today??
« Reply #12 on: 03-Jan-15, 20:08 »
Quote from: mikl;77562
Make a difference Benny?
Michael

I haven't connected them up yet Michael, i got to change the head unit out and wire up the Amplifiers yet, which i have not ordered yet. Will be a couple off weeks at least till i get to crank them up, can't wait i just want it now  :Twitch:
      

uu11wa

Re: 2015: What did you do with your FJ today??
« Reply #13 on: 03-Jan-15, 20:14 »
Quote from: Benny E;77568
I haven't connected them up yet Michael, i got to change the head unit out and wire up the Amplifiers yet, which i have not ordered yet. Will be a couple off weeks at least till i get to crank them up, can't wait i just want it now  :Twitch:

I've got those same 4" Alpines in the dash and 6x9's in the front doors only with an inline Alpine AMP.

With all you are putting into yours I reckon you will be VERY happy with the result.
      

Benny E

Re: 2015: What did you do with your FJ today??
« Reply #14 on: 03-Jan-15, 20:26 »
Quote from: uu11wa;77569
I've got those same 4" Alpines in the dash and 6x9's in the front doors only with an inline Alpine AMP.

With all you are putting into yours I reckon you will be VERY happy with the result.

Haha yeah i hope so, it should be able to blow my hair back. 8 speakers, 1 subwoofer and 2 big amplifiers all running at there maximum rated RMS. It will probably destroy my poor old FJ. Bring on the rattles.
      

uu11wa

Re: 2015: What did you do with your FJ today??
« Reply #15 on: 03-Jan-15, 21:27 »
Dynamat the shizen out of it and you should be laughing
      

Benny E

Re: 2015: What did you do with your FJ today??
« Reply #16 on: 03-Jan-15, 21:41 »
Quote from: uu11wa;77583
Dynamat the shizen out of it and you should be laughing

Yeah i don't think i'll have a choice the squeaks and rattles will drive me bat-***** crazy.
      

mikl

Re: 2015: What did you do with your FJ today??
« Reply #17 on: 04-Jan-15, 09:05 »
Quote from: Benny E;77568
I haven't connected them up yet Michael, i got to change the head unit out and wire up the Amplifiers yet, which i have not ordered yet. Will be a couple off weeks at least till i get to crank them up, can't wait i just want it now  :Twitch:


Sorry mate I thought you just did the dash speakers then after I posted I looked through the rest. I am guessing with all that kit you will make a huge difference  :Haha:
Michael
      

mikl

Re: 2015: What did you do with your FJ today??
« Reply #18 on: 04-Jan-15, 14:28 »
Wonnangatta pics.
Michael



No one around so we grabbed the Elms camp spot, planted in the mid 1800's by one of the early owners (too lazy to look it up who lol) it is one of the best summer camp spots I have ever seen, full shade all day and sits just by the Conglomerate Creek for a bit of feet wetting.







More here at my Smugmug account ..... LINK..... Wonnangatta NY 2014-2015 - ozmikl
      

Dally

Re: 2015: What did you do with your FJ today??
« Reply #19 on: 04-Jan-15, 16:30 »
Drove home from Cobram on the Murray yesterday...close to 1000km round trip...my longest so far...polyairs were great towing the van..got about 17.5L/100km which is a huge improvement on my old petrol Hilux...Car went great...only problem was a B-Double coming the other way blew my R/H towing mirror off...big scratch on the door...panel beaters tomorrow :Riled:

image.jpg
2015: What did you do with your FJ today?? * image.jpg
(154.65 kB, 1024x768)
« Last Edit: 04-Jan-15, 16:32 by Dally »
      

BIGRANG

Re: 2015: What did you do with your FJ today??
« Reply #20 on: 04-Jan-15, 18:34 »
Quote from: Dally;77631
Drove home from Cobram on the Murray yesterday...close to 1000km round trip...my longest so far...polyairs were great towing the van..got about 17.5L/100km which is a huge improvement on my old petrol Hilux...Car went great...only problem was a B-Double coming the other way blew my R/H towing mirror off...big scratch on the door...panel beaters tomorrow :Riled:


Pretty good figures for a van that size!
      

Dally

Re: 2015: What did you do with your FJ today??
« Reply #21 on: 04-Jan-15, 20:31 »
Quote from: BIGRANG;77654
Pretty good figures for a van that size!

Yeah I was pretty surprised...there was a fairly strong North wind behind me so I think that probably pushed me along a bit...
      

Crui5erFJ

Re: 2015: What did you do with your FJ today??
« Reply #22 on: 04-Jan-15, 22:54 »
Quote from: mikl;77624
Wonnangatta pics.
Michael


No one around so we grabbed the Elms camp spot, planted in the mid 1800's by one of the early owners (too lazy to look it up who lol) it is one of the best summer camp spots I have ever seen, full shade all day and sits just by the Conglomerate Creek for a bit of feet wetting.

I too was in Wonnangatta for New Years, on the Great Divide Tours trip I won from the summit raffle. Was awesome, loved the high country and need to get back again as we didn't see anywhere near enough.
      

FJWally

Re: 2015: What did you do with your FJ today??
« Reply #23 on: 05-Jan-15, 07:35 »
Nice work mate - would love to see a little trip report to show peeps what Vic gets up to - assuming he went along with this trip?

Quote from: Crui5erFJ;77697
I too was in Wonnangatta for New Years, on the Great Divide Tours trip I won from the summit raffle. Was awesome, loved the high country and need to get back again as we didn't see anywhere near enough.
      

Crui5erFJ

Re: 2015: What did you do with your FJ today??
« Reply #24 on: 05-Jan-15, 07:39 »
It wasn't Vic who ran this one, one of his guides, Dave, who is known to Wolfgang as he did the Cape York trip with him and has that awesome footage posted here somewhere. I intend to do a little write up any way as it was truly a great trip.