Cruiser

Author Topic: 2014: What did you do with your FJ today??  (Read 287 times)

jacob_sass

2014: What did you do with your FJ today??
« on: 01-Jan-14, 19:25 »
Quote from: Lonelycruiser_au;32312
I got mine from here
FJ Cruiser Side Skirt Stripes Decals in Any Color for your Toyota

Thanks Lonely  :Smile:

MikeWebb

Re: 2014: What did you do with your FJ today??
« Reply #1 on: 01-Jan-14, 19:33 »
Finally got around to installing my front grab handles from the group buy.  Since I had A-piller trim off, I Dynomated the inside.  Also installed my band mount that had lying around for over a year and attached my GME AE4018K1 and ran the lead through to the front.

I was about to install my brand new GME TX3540S when I noticed that the 8pin to 8pin connector for the extension lead was missing.  I have to wait until the 8th for a replacement..grrr. Install put on hold.

kelvin

« Reply #2 on: 01-Jan-14, 20:42 »
just installed my icon upper control arms ,looks good but now to get a wheel alignment

Adrock

« Reply #3 on: 03-Jan-14, 10:57 »
Leerburg ventlock arrived on Monday. Not bad considering it's Christmas and I only ordered it on Dec 12th and shipping was $10USD. I always have the rear window open when the dog's in the back but it's a pain in the arse not being able to lock the car if I wanna duck into the shops, plus I'm a little worried she'll jump out. This is the 9" version, a nice simple solution.
IMG_8928.jpg
2014: What did you do with your FJ today?? * IMG_8928.jpg
(104.65 kB, 1024x768)
IMG_8929.jpg
2014: What did you do with your FJ today?? * IMG_8929.jpg
(60.75 kB, 1024x768)
IMG_8930.jpg
2014: What did you do with your FJ today?? * IMG_8930.jpg
(101.59 kB, 1024x768)

Alloy C/T

« Reply #4 on: 03-Jan-14, 16:40 »
Quote from: Adrock;32618
Leerburg ventlock arrived on Monday. Not bad considering it's Christmas and I only ordered it on Dec 12th and shipping was $10USD. I always have the rear window open when the dog's in the back but it's a pain in the arse not being able to lock the car if I wanna duck into the shops, plus I'm a little worried she'll jump out. This is the 9" version, a nice simple solution.

Good thing you don't live in Qld , Mr plods are now booking people for leaving a vehicle window open [anything more than 5cm] when parked and the vehicle locked , attracts a $44 fine and 1 point ……..Strange but true ! check out todays Courier Mail :Announcement:

Lunchietey

« Reply #5 on: 03-Jan-14, 18:27 »
My 7" round 60w led spotlights arrived today so I stuck em in the bar and wired them up. Holy Crap they are bright but due to the extremely focused beam they're barely that bright unless you ar literally dead in front. Kind of like projector headlights I guess but 5100 lumens each. Can't wait til it gets dark!

Actually also very impressed with shipping only ordered them Tuesday at 2am on nightshift lol

SAW.

« Reply #6 on: 03-Jan-14, 18:50 »
Quote from: Lunchietey;32649
My 7" round 60w led spotlights arrived today so I stuck em in the bar and wired them up. Holy Crap they are bright but due to the extremely focused beam they're barely that bright unless you ar literally dead in front. Kind of like projector headlights I guess but 5100 lumens each. Can't wait til it gets dark!

Actually also very impressed with shipping only ordered them Tuesday at 2am on nightshift lol

Which lights did you go for? I've got a set of Aurora R Series 7" waiting to go on mine, 8800 lumens each, so heres hoping they are good.

Also, where are the pics :Devious:

Lonelycruiser_au

« Reply #7 on: 03-Jan-14, 20:07 »
Got a bit bored today so I decided to knock up a couple of steps to weld to the stock rock rails.

Lunchietey

« Reply #8 on: 03-Jan-14, 21:20 »
Quote from: SAW.;32650
Which lights did you go for? I've got a set of Aurora R Series 7" waiting to go on mine, 8800 lumens each, so heres hoping they are good.

This is the exact listing I bought
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221342049910?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
There are also flood and combo beam patterns. The combo has 4 spots in the centre and the others have a flat horizontal beam pattern like a normal halogen spread beam. I believe these are one of the first real 'cheap' led replacements for normal round halogens.

Just generic chinese style (probably sold as many brands though)  difference with these is that all light from the led is focused to a very tight beam using multiple small projector style lenses. Very very little light goes anywhere but straight ahead. The spot is so bright I flashed it today into the back of a white car in the underground parking at the shops and actually dazzled myself and the missus.
Ive noticed most led spots have a reflector around the led aiming most into a tight beam but with a slight flood effect too. I wanted basically an led replacement for a long distance hid style pencil beam. I'm pretty confident these are exactly what I was after and for less than $200 shipped in 4 days!
I'll try to get night shots tonight :)

Also visible are 27w led floods in the wings. These appear much brighter than the big spots due to wide beam. That is until you move directly into the small bright spot!

[IMG/]
« Last Edit: 03-Jan-14, 22:19 by Lunchietey »

GazLaz

« Reply #9 on: 03-Jan-14, 22:05 »
 :Clap:Those steps look great!

GazLaz

« Reply #10 on: 03-Jan-14, 22:12 »

You will love them, led lights arent cheap but worth it.

Lunchietey

« Reply #11 on: 04-Jan-14, 00:37 »
Well just took a spin down towards mundijong road for some darkness. Those leds are absolutely the most light you will find for $200. Wow just wow. Not as thin a beam as id thought but definitely brighter than I could hope for. Half a km easy and fills everything with light. Very happy boy with these! :Haha:

Lunchietey

« Reply #12 on: 04-Jan-14, 00:39 »

Seeing as you have quality name brand stuff with superior specs im guessing you're going to be stupidly happy with your auroras if my chinese lights are anything to go by! :Yeah:

GazLaz

« Reply #13 on: 04-Jan-14, 00:46 »
Quote from: Lunchietey;32684
Seeing as you have quality name brand stuff with superior specs im guessing you're going to be stupidly happy with your auroras if my chinese lights are anything to go by! :Yeah:
Chinese make some good unbranded gear, sometimes branding is the only difference between cheap and expensive.
Im glad you like them! :Cool:
« Last Edit: 04-Jan-14, 00:58 by GazLaz »

OJ Clay

« Reply #14 on: 04-Jan-14, 14:59 »
OCD kicked in again the other day....

Other half listens to Audiobooks all the time and she worked out she can now listen to them via Bluetooth in the FJ....Great, now i needed to set her up with a phone holder, and charger so she could go bluetooth...The car cradles are just crap units mostly with suction cups for screen mounting...No thanks..

Grabbed a desk top charger unit to suit her Iphone 5 and proceeded to put it where i think it would be best...Put a little soft foam on the holder to  help support the phone while driving, chopped the lead and rejoined after it goes through a small hole made in the bottom of the center console bucket area...Has enough loose lead under the c/console to allow removal of the 2 bolts if i have too...

Now her phone is able to hook in Bluetooth, she can answer , call and charge without me having to see anything sitting where it shouldn't be..

Do you get the feeling i hate seeing loose leads in my vehicles ......
 :Smirk:

BIGRANG

« Reply #15 on: 04-Jan-14, 23:34 »
Finally got round to making up a bracket and fitting the washer bottle after I did my Xrox on Boxing Day. Not really happy with it here so I haven't wired it up yet seeing as that's where im planning on putting my second battery, and I don't know if it will fit behind the airbox after I move the power steering reservoir? Anybody else come up with a solution?

ROKHOP

« Reply #16 on: 05-Jan-14, 00:30 »
Have a look at a VE commodore washer bottle. Long thin bottle you can mount behind the grill.
That's what I am going to do, as you can see the neck is flexible.  Nice neat solution.

Holden Commodore VE V8 SS Factory Washer Bottle | eBay
« Last Edit: 05-Jan-14, 00:32 by ROKHOP »

GazLaz

« Reply #17 on: 05-Jan-14, 00:38 »
Quote from: ROKHOP;32791
Have a look at a VE commodore washer bottle. Long thin bottle you can mount behind the grill.
That's what I am going to do, as you can see the neck is flexible.  Nice neat solution.

Holden Commodore VE V8 SS Factory Washer Bottle | eBay
Good idea, or you could lengthen the tube and wires then move it near the abs.
« Last Edit: 05-Jan-14, 00:41 by GazLaz »

ironpo

« Reply #18 on: 05-Jan-14, 11:51 »
Quote from: Adrock;32618

Hi adrock
Nice rims
What sort/size are they and where did you get them?
How many $$$$$
Cheers
Ip

kelvin

« Reply #19 on: 05-Jan-14, 13:06 »
Quote from: OJ Clay;32200
That is for a pair for the 6x9's....Never seen them sold individually...JB has them atm for $174.30....
JB HI FI LINK..
Alpine 6x9" Speakers - Speakers - JB Hi-Fi - Smashing Prices!

OCD kicked in today....Bloody ipod cable and ipod sitting out in the console was *****ting me to tears....Fixed it now...

All this......

(Image removed from quote.)

To go from this...

To this....

My name is Jason and i might have a problem...
 :Twitch: :Twitch:

hay oj how did you get the center (orange bit ) of dash out ,is it complicated ? thanks kelvin

Adrock

« Reply #20 on: 05-Jan-14, 14:17 »
Quote from: BIGRANG;32788
Finally got round to making up a bracket and fitting the washer bottle after I did my Xrox on Boxing Day. Not really happy with it here so I haven't wired it up yet seeing as that's where im planning on putting my second battery, and I don't know if it will fit behind the airbox after I move the power steering reservoir? Anybody else come up with a solution?

Mine is on the other side of the air filter, closer to the firewall. Same XROX bottle as the one in your pic. I'll be putting the second battery where yours is as many people do.

Quote from: ironpo;32823
Hi adrock
Nice rims
What sort/size are they and where did you get them?
How many $$$$$
Cheers
Ip
They are 17" ATX Ledge Rims with 285/70/17 Mickey T ATZ 4 rib tyres. Rims are actually teflon and are great to clean. No signs of any scratches from out in the bush yet either. Were $250 each for memory from Bridgestone on Bay Rd in Cheltenham. If you call them ask for Jared.

BIGRANG

« Reply #21 on: 05-Jan-14, 14:42 »
Yeah the supplied bracket doesn't line up with any existing holes and I didn't want to go drilling any new ones. I didn't have the fitting instructions so had to fit everything blind so to speak... Don't suppose you could flick me a couple of pics of how yours is mounted?
Quote from: Adrock;32837
Mine is on the other side of the air filter, closer to the firewall. Same XROX bottle as the one in your pic. I'll be putting the second battery where yours is as many people do.

They are 17" ATX Ledge Rims with 285/70/17 Mickey T ATZ 4 rib tyres. Rims are actually teflon and are great to clean. No signs of any scratches from out in the bush yet either. Were $250 each for memory from Bridgestone on Bay Rd in Cheltenham. If you call them ask for Jared.

Auto-Craft

« Reply #22 on: 05-Jan-14, 14:59 »
We have done afew VE bottles now with the twin front shock and reservoir set ups on the FJ.

Bottle is just big enough, not as big as factroy, so requires filling more often.

I use the wagon bottle as it has 2 motors, one for front, one for rear.

Ideal set up would be to use the Toyota pumps in the VE bottle.

I can only imagine how fast that aftermarket bottle will empty  :OhNo:

OJ Clay

« Reply #23 on: 05-Jan-14, 15:03 »
Quote from: kelvin;32832
hay oj how did you get the center (orange bit ) of dash out ,is it complicated ? thanks kelvin

Easy as mate....Each silver trim rail on the side has 1 screw on the bottom, where you can not see it..Lean down, undo those 2 and the trim just clips in and out..Pull them straight out, gently and they will pop off no probs..Then the face plate has 2 more  screws holding it in place..

kelvin

« Reply #24 on: 05-Jan-14, 16:18 »
cheers oj i,ll give it a go ,thanks kelvin

Cruiser