Cruiser

Author Topic: Welcome Bazzaboy  (Read 68 times)

Admin

Welcome Bazzaboy
« on: 13-Feb-18, 09:32 »
G'day Bazzaboy,

Welcome to the forum of the FJ Cruiser Club of Australia - please introduce yourself by replying to this topic.

Admin
FJ Cruiser Club of Australia

Bazzaboy

Re: Welcome Bazzaboy
« Reply #1 on: 13-Feb-18, 09:57 »
G'Day guys,
My name is Barry ( Bazza ) and I looking forward to sharing info and some laughs with you guys. I am 63 and recently forced into retirement ( retrenched after 35 years in the same job ). Not complaining, just takes some getting used to. Hobbies are 4WD touring, fishing/boating, and model electric trains. Owned a number of 4WD's, the last two being two 120 Prados. A 2003 and 2009, both for 5 years each. Great trucks. Never has an issue with either one. Sold them both at about 250,000K's.
Currently I own a 2014 3lt CRD Titanium Pack GU Nissan Patrol fitted with all the fruit. It's a great truck, especially off road, but a bit of a beast on road. As I not longer have the urge to go "serious" off-road and would like to get back into a petrol rig, an FJ Cruiser would be my first choice, especially if it performs as good as the V6's in the 120 Prados did, and is as reliable. I have lots of questions to ask and hope I don't offend or annoy members with seemingly stupid ones. 
« Last Edit: 13-Feb-18, 10:30 by Bazzaboy »

Ducky

« Reply #2 on: 13-Feb-18, 13:13 »
Welcome!

dad

« Reply #3 on: 13-Feb-18, 15:58 »
Welcome Bazza,   :Hi:

It's interesting that your selling your GU because your are over "Serious 4WDing" and moving back to an FJ.
A properly set up FJ in good hands makes any GU seem ordinary in any environment. This is not to sound silly, it's a simple fact. So don't despair you can still travel your tracks around Camden that you went with the GU and more.

Back on track, you want to get out there fast if you want to score an FJ. Victorian and NSW sales are crazy with remaining stock. It's the first time I've seen a discontinued model actually increase in price.
The FJ Cruiser Cult following continues.

Cheers

dad

RedFJC

« Reply #4 on: 14-Feb-18, 09:21 »
It’s funny you mention that dad, on a monkey gum trip I ran we had to round up a group of patrols, Pajero’s etc because they continued to get stuck, not a drama for the mighty FJ tho !

Bazzaboy

« Reply #5 on: 14-Feb-18, 10:08 »
Welcome Bazza,   :Hi:

It's interesting that your selling your GU because your are over "Serious 4WDing" and moving back to an FJ.
A properly set up FJ in good hands makes any GU seem ordinary in any environment. This is not to sound silly, it's a simple fact. So don't despair you can still travel your tracks around Camden that you went with the GU and more.

Back on track, you want to get out there fast if you want to score an FJ. Victorian and NSW sales are crazy with remaining stock. It's the first time I've seen a discontinued model actually increase in price.
The FJ Cruiser Cult following continues.

Cheers

dad
Seriously, it would need to be a very well set-up and driven FJ to keep up with my twin locked, high lifted, "Superior engineered" GU on 35" muds. I go places that FJ's fear to go. LOL
When I say "give up serious 4WDing" I mean the need or want to climb mountains, drowning on muddy tracks, or push trucks to their limits, and risking continual panel damage. Don't need that anymore. The FJ is a capable off road rig and might make the perfect power to weight tourer & tug for me.