Cruiser

Having trouble registering/logging in?

If you are having trouble registering (eg, after successfully completing the registration process you do NOT see a message displayed advising that an activation email has been sent) or logging in (eg, you receive the message “Sorry, you are out of login chances. Please come back and try again later”) please either try using a different web browser or clear the cache/cookies for “fjcc.com.au” for your current browser and restart it.

(If both workarounds fail click here to contact the forum administrator via email)

Author Topic: Rust  (Read 138 times)

johndoh

Rust
« on: 12-Jan-18, 16:30 »
I've seen other posts about rust under the rubbers on the front doors so I checked and noticed mine had it too.
I took it to Ferguson's Toyota Hurstville where I bought it to get it checked.
Is this covered under warranty?

I also asked them to check the chassis as I noticed what appeared to be some rust on the black paint.
When I went to pick it up they told me there was rust everywhere underneath.
Behind the bumber bar, the diff housing and other places. I've asked him to email me the report and photos.
I think he was trying to exaggerate it and trying to blame me for driving it in salt water.
I'm going to take it to my mechanic for a second opinion.

The car has been on the sand about 20 times and I have never driven it in the water, and I always wash it afterwards.
I live near the beach and surf most days.

Has anyone else had this kind of problem?
Does the warranty include the under body?
What are my rights?

Thanks

GazLaz

Re: Rust
« Reply #1 on: 12-Jan-18, 18:18 »
The paint underneath is thin and rust will form but it isnt really a problem.
Unless you are driving on  salted roads or on the beach all the time i wouldn't worry.
The doors are a different matter...i would want that fixed.

Andy D

Re: Rust
« Reply #2 on: 12-Jan-18, 23:38 »
Toyota have a 5yr/100k km corrosion warranty.
As mentioned above, may not cover minor underbody surface rust where paint has flaked. But it should cover the doors if it's bubbling up from under the paint.

Cruiser