Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Crackles on 01 Jan 2018
  • Few days in my favourite part of the VHC.
    Great tracks, Wild Brumbies, explored a little known Marbel mine from the late 1800's & even caught a few fish.   :happydude:

20171230_130910.jpgWhat did you do with your FJ today??
     20171231_094932.jpgWhat did you do with your FJ today?? 
     20171231_152803.jpgWhat did you do with your FJ today??
     20171231_160833.jpgWhat did you do with your FJ today??
     20180101_120008.jpgWhat did you do with your FJ today??
     20180101_115519.jpgWhat did you do with your FJ today??
     20171230_175659.jpgWhat did you do with your FJ today??
  • #2 by Angling FJ on 01 Jan 2018
  • They're beautiful trout in the HC Craig. I don't get up there for a fish very often. More often chasing browns down the Otways. Great way to start the year.
  • #3 by Yota on 02 Jan 2018
  • Nice work Crackles

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • #4 by dad on 03 Jan 2018
  • Your killing me Craig,

I'm Fishermans labourer for the grandkids and playing with my Xmas toy

Cheers

dad

Xjacked FJ.jpgWhat did you do with your FJ today??
  • #5 by Miles fj on 05 Jan 2018
  • I bought a second hand Ironman roof top tent,  the cover sticker is a bit rough but the tent is in great condition. I have been wanting to try one for a while....
    I will have to fit my rhino pioneer roof rack platform....
  • #6 by Analia on 05 Jan 2018
  • Enjoyed a week at Freeman's campsite with my Tonka girl.

Aaaah the serenity  :happynod:

Analia
  • #7 by Getdan on 06 Jan 2018
  • Got home from a weeks R&R on the Southern Yorke Peninsula.  The FJ enjoyed a nice break too with some sea views as we took to the water in a different kind of  :titanic:
  • #8 by RIGPIG on 06 Jan 2018
  • Picked up a set of the Ocam side steps during the week and fitted them today. At 6'2" i dont really need then to get into the FJ, just looking for a bit of protection.

Also the guy at the shop is looking to trail fit an Ocam post style winch bull bar to get the ADR aproval. If you can part with your FJ  for a few hours you will get a pretty good deal. It was offered to me but it will be a logistocal nightmare!
  • #9 by Miles fj on 06 Jan 2018
  • Enjoyed a week at Freeman's campsite with my Tonka girl.

Aaaah the serenity  :happynod:

Analia

Are you showing off those RED recovery point ? nice....
  • #10 by Daunted on 07 Jan 2018
  • Finished the drive to Lakeland and have unpacked the camper into the house.  It was a nice, easy run for the FJ from Brissy.  Just waiting for the removals to get here tomorrow and all can be properly washed. 
  • #11 by Analia on 08 Jan 2018
  • Are you showing off those RED recovery point ? nice....

It's gotta be RED  :happynod: just like my maxtrax. Pretty much commits me to ARB gear  :rolleyes:

Analia
  • #12 by drwormy on 10 Jan 2018
  • Not today, but late last year.  With the help of a very good friend, exchanged lower control arm bushes, as one had been siezed for a while, and it was limiting my wheel alignment caster.  Whilst on the shaker at Fulcrum, you could really see how flogged out they were (150,000 kms). 

This was a sh1t job, as siezed bushed required the LCA to be cut out from the chassis.

• #13 by Miles fj on 10 Jan 2018
  • Before
     1.jpgWhat did you do with your FJ today??

A few hours after....
     RTT.jpgWhat did you do with your FJ today??

Paul, I hope that you get this one :)
    All ready for this week end, my wife and I will try it this Saturday in the Brindabella. I carried it on the roof by myself...no to be done every day ! I will have to make different fixation to hold it on the rhino platform, the rear fixation have very easy access but the front one are about in the middle of the platform at his lowest point so it was a bit painful to tight the further nut...I will mod this later to make it as easy as possible to remove/install...or I will hate it and won't use it !!
  • #14 by Off Grid on 10 Jan 2018
  • Hope you sealed the mounts properly!
    I thought I had sealed mine using sikaflex, rubber gaskets, plastic sleeves etc. but the odd drop of water out of the upper driver's side B pillar says otherwise.
    I'm planning on removing mine this weekend and re-sealing with Parfix urethane flexible sealant to the point where I'm going to embed the mounts and hardware flush with the roofline.
  • #15 by Miles fj on 10 Jan 2018
  • Thanks, I am like you I think that I have !! as a matter of fact, I wanted to test and one side I used their butyl tape only and the other sikaflex-pro highly flexible polyurethane that I used (successfully) when I removed the original roof rack last year. I wouldn't be surprise if the butyl tape leak as I find it too thin but I wanted to try as it is what was supplied with the new rack and their fitting instruction....time will tell...
  • #16 by dad on 11 Jan 2018
  • Playing with the Xjack I found that the short hose valve to be faulty. Bushranger sent a complete new hose system within days. See; there are some good news stories regarding customer after sales service.
    Thanks Daryl at Bushranger and Gordon at Opposite Lock Newcastle

Cheers

dad

Xjacked FJ.jpgWhat did you do with your FJ today??
  • #17 by BirdmanFJ on 11 Jan 2018
  • I will have to make different fixation to hold it on the rhino platform, the rear fixation have very easy access but the front one are about in the middle of the platform at his lowest point so it was a bit painful to tight the further nut...I will mod this later to make it as easy as possible to remove/install...or I will hate it and won't use it !!
    Hi Claude,

Frontrunner make a quick release clamp setup for RTT. Not sure if it fits the Rhino on an FJ, but worth a look
    https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/au/quick-release-roof-top-tent-mount-kit.html
  • #18 by Miles fj on 11 Jan 2018
  • Hi Claude,

Frontrunner make a quick release clamp setup for RTT. Not sure if it fits the Rhino on an FJ, but worth a look
    https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/au/quick-release-roof-top-tent-mount-kit.html
    Expensive but a very good idea. I have something else in mind that I will built. I have fitted the rail of the tent to match the platform in a way that when the tent go on it self center itself (left/right) I will make a bracket at the front of the tent that will slide and "hook" the platform, this should leave me with only the fixation at the rear that have a very easy access.
  • #19 by Neil Watts on 12 Jan 2018
  • Got a quote on Rhino Pioneer/Backbone, was quoted 100kg load limit but the interesting bit was if you take it off road the load limit is reduced by 30%..........also gave them a list of items direct from the website for a bulk discount and they quoted me the exact same prices????? The only good bit was they offered to remove the OEM rack and fit the new one for $150.00
  • #20 by drwormy on 12 Jan 2018
  • I got mine from ebay.  Incl shipping the regular price was under RRP.  I bought it on ebays 18% off sale, but usually you can find a 10 or 15% coupon.

Got a quote on Rhino Pioneer/Backbone, was quoted 100kg load limit but the interesting bit was if you take it off road the load limit is reduced by 30%..........also gave them a list of items direct from the website for a bulk discount and they quoted me the exact same prices????? The only good bit was they offered to remove the OEM rack and fit the new one for $150.00
  • #21 by Lunchietey on 12 Jan 2018
  • Make a few calls. Don't always just accept the first quote (for everything, all the time!)
  • #22 by geoff82 on 12 Jan 2018
  • Put my Christmas present on the FJ today - took about 4 hours just plodding along and double, triple checking everything.  Very pleased with how well the Safari snorkel fits.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/mTR_MpygzLhqJG5he9zMAKQmm6gZkw0_OsrD0oiS4FqUSV2_1t8teBUKREtt6vHJWBl4JkcLisqZZyZdGWNHkOUkXwpOVzRYRGF4sftBqHLKqdkvUvWm8DzqS-qGsUQEvRUNLdARU1BwewrETIX6_T7TSLCGaYXTB7cTVvrSDCjVkN42LqEt4WEwhyqLP5LD68UqYn8pqmEGAT3AvU5xhCg_zglZcDLwuztr0qcI0_ou4nQk4PSaF9ETL5sUm8WDAJszxbYY_uaGb2z4IyDDpGXnAlbNgXb-_-3UF7-UDCmxbO-1sIOppGJ9j2ozWhB5X2UYGKLEashrorHMkPEH5snDTzTFJnSsHeQjKN63nVg52R7PoQQ1KZ6mvO14uBwluK04_oAKhNIxTps8fy-4Vhce3owwDr096dibi5k_b-HJA-ChyWQ8iSRJijVR3AGIQjVFLLi9ZHF0o9jWq7dHVGnvqkeR6JNLL2qhEmh9SJOiks4t1UG-iszblEARQG92jix7bgjsGjvSYioG9Q756QO5aj90v48RTv-jQJDFdS6qg_tOuTVfzuRjW9QLVWTPuOlUAJWdPc-Y8o7w0jangH54ngQiMhPausSSWNc=w967-h725-no?.jpg
  • #23 by RedFJC on 13 Jan 2018
  • Any rhino supplier I’ve been to has googled the rhino website in front of me and just gone yeah it’s this much and shown me the website lol I could have bloody done that at home and not drove all the way down here to waste my time.
  • #24 by Neil Watts on 13 Jan 2018
  • Any rhino supplier I’ve been to has googled the rhino website in front of me and just gone yeah it’s this much and shown me the website lol I could have bloody done that at home and not drove all the way down here to waste my time.

Im hearing you Red, printed out a Wishlist from the website, totalled just over 2k, took it into a store and said what can you do. They did me a quote and left out a number of the items claiming that some of the stuff is included with other items on my list. Total came to $1700 including installation. They had quoted me list price, the only bargain was they offered to remove the existing one and fit new one for $150.

Purchased the Backbone system and 2128x1236 platform last night for $1175.
  • #25 by Angling FJ on 14 Jan 2018
  • Spent a couple of quiet days camped down the Otways. Spent time between Hammonds rd Camp Ground and Dando's Campground. Took a run along Denham's Tk, Red River Tk and also Gentle Annie's Tk. All easy enough while dry but wasn't keen to continue driving about once the rain started. anglesea-heath.jpgWhat did you do with your FJ today??  dandos-camp.jpgWhat did you do with your FJ today??  Denham-tk-lookout.jpgWhat did you do with your FJ today??  Denham-tk-washout.jpgWhat did you do with your FJ today??  Otways-fern.jpgWhat did you do with your FJ today??

Hope you enjoy the pics
Pages:
Actions