Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by dad on 08 Dec 2017
  • Hello to all FJ owners in the magnificent state of South Australia.

After some discussions with SA locals and others it is proposed, with your approval, to conduct a FJCC trip to the site of the 2011 launch of the FJ Cruiser in the Flinders Ranges.
    Base camp is at Willow Springs - the legendary Skytrek.

Tentatively, it will be in June 2018. That's plenty of time to plan and invest in what could be a major fun event. With your help.

Day trip suggestions would be greatly appreciated as we pull a great, one off occasion together.

It's early days but we hope to lock in critical planning details asap.

Cheers

dad

FJ Flinders 2011.jpg2011 Launch of the FJ Cruiser at Skytrek Anniversary - South Australian input
  • #2 by Craig the Black on 08 Dec 2017
  • Great idea. I'm in definitely. :happydude:  :happyclap:
    Let me know a bit more about what you are thinking as I have a contact at Skytrek. In fact I am up to the Flinders on the 18th and I hope to pop in and see Brendan and Carmel then.
    Also very willing to help in any way.

Cheers
    Craig
  • #3 by Getdan on 08 Dec 2017
  • Hello to all FJ owners in the magnificent state of South Australia.

Base camp is at Willow Springs - the legendary Skytrek.

Great initiative Dad, I'm on the list as a definite.
    Anytime in June outside the long weekend would work well and more than happy to help out in anyway also
    Cheers Dan
  • #4 by Getdan on 08 Dec 2017
  • Great initiative Dad, I'm on the list as a definite.
    Any June weekend outside the long weekend would work well and more than happy to help out in any way also
    Cheers Dan

Update Dec 13;

Hi all SA FJers
    The initiative started by Dad (aka Mike) has progressed to some more concrete ideas regarding an anniversary run to SKYTREK, Willow Springs Station - Flinders Rangers in June 2018,  in celebration of the original launch or our beloved FJC.

Initial dates have been set for bunking in Friday 1st June and Heading out on Monday the 4th, although there will be some extended activity options likely to be planned for a couple more days for those who can spend a bit more time out on the tracks.

Great news that Willow Springs is on board and have come up with some discounts for accommodation and a great discount for the SKYTREK run itself.  An organising committee has been formed (any other interest welcome), research is being done and initial plans and contacts made.   If you have ideas or secret knowledge of tracks or thoughts for this event please let myself or Dad know.

At this stage we are planning which tracks to tackle, prioritising access to amazing scenery and a range of tracks to tackle, but I'd say there's nothing too difficult in the Flinders Ranges that a stock FJ wouldn't handle with relative ease, other than 50mm of rain in which case we'd all be stuck in the mud - this unlikely scenario will be factored into the planning with some contingency ideas.

Come on SA, let's rekindle the SA FJCC chapter and see if the 2012 summit can be emulated or surpassed (not that I was there, but I keep hearing only good reports).
    Cheers
    Dan

• #5 by CamBiscuit on 09 Dec 2017
  • I'd better extract my digit and buy an FJ then..... :rolleyes:
  • #6 by sydneysally99 on 10 Dec 2017

• Retrace a part of the 2012 FJCC Summit..

tho there may even be those of us originals who might want to totally redo the whole trip again...

anyone still in contact with Ben?
  • #7 by PYDFJ on 10 Dec 2017
  • yeah i like to be in that      i think blacktop will too
  • #8 by Getdan on 11 Dec 2017
  • I'd better extract my digit and buy an FJ then..... :rolleyes:

Go on, it's Christmas
  • #9 by dad on 11 Dec 2017
  • Retrace a part of the 2012 FJCC Summit..

tho there may even be those of us originals who might want to totally redo the whole trip again...

anyone still in contact with Ben?
    Hi Noreen, can you PM me the 2012 FJCC Summit Trip Itinerary please.
    We are getting a good response to suggested trips. We may have to extend the Event to a month  :wink:

Seriously, we are looking for the best of the best 4WD trips over 3 days with Skytrek being the fourth which is a full day. Most will be suitable for standard FJ's including Skytrek with a good mix of experienced locals.

The Event Organising Team will have their work cut out deciding the many options but I'm sure they will. Local Knowledge rocks.

Cheers

dad

Cheers

dad
  • #10 by dad on 11 Dec 2017
  • Regarding this FJCC Event next June please go to the main forum under this title to see the latest developments including locked in dates and additional information.

All South Aussie's; your local contact there is GetDan. PM or use your chapters site to get any required Event information. He owes me a beer anyway  :happythumbsup:

Cheers

dad
  • #11 by CamBiscuit on 11 Dec 2017
  • Go on, it's Christmas

Not much coming up in SA that's ticking my boxes yet   :derr:
  • #12 by dad on 22 Dec 2017
  • Please note that a lot has been happening leading up to Xmas regarding our National "Anniversary" Event based at Willow Springs.

Firstly we have the event starting Friday 1st. June and ending Friday 8th June 2018.
    Local members can have a weekend or as NSW, Victorian, ACT members are doing spending the full time to have a good look at the Flinders. All activities have been heavily discount for members.

Kathy and Dan (GetDan) will be organising an easily accessible one stop Post for all info (I've been all over the farm - again  :derr: ) along with Kathy's new system of Trip Registration in February.

Have a great Christmas South Aussies   :happythumbsup:

Cheers

dad

• #13 by Getdan on 22 Dec 2017
  • Just to add to Dad's post above, please feel free to PM me if you would like further details at this stage.
    Cheers Dan
  • #14 by BenneBluJ on 11 Jan 2018
  • Yes Siree put us down :happynod:  :whackado:  :Driver:
  • #15 by BenneBluJ on 11 Jan 2018
  • remember the prawns Buddy  :yummy
  • #16 by dad on 11 Jan 2018
  • Registrations will be officially opened in February - welcome

Cheers

dad
  • #17 by BenneBluJ on 12 Jan 2018
  • Hey Dan is there any way to send messages to the SA Crew ?
  • #18 by IR8scott on 12 Jan 2018
  • It’s a very long time since I’ve put the FJ through her paces so seeing this trip coming up I can’t overlook it .
    A definite from me 👍👍👍👍
    Thanks Bennebluej for the thumbs up 👏
  • #19 by Craig the Black on 13 Jan 2018
  • This is shaping up to be one hell'uva adventure. :happythumbsup:

The numbers are building. :partydude: :happyclap:

The excitement is building. :whackado:  :good:  :happydude:

Don't be the one to miss out :cry1:  :crybye:  :derr:  :boohoo:

Do your best to get the time off or whatever you have to do. :Driver:

Just get yourself up to the Flinders in June.

Welcome aboard to those here in SA and interstate who have already put it in their diaries.

Craig (the Black)

heysen_range_1.jpg2011 Launch of the FJ Cruiser at Skytrek Anniversary - South Australian input
  • #20 by BenneBluJ on 13 Jan 2018
  • Just wanted to share the link to Willow Springs  http://www.skytrekwillowsprings.com.au/
  • #21 by BenneBluJ on 13 Jan 2018
  • Cant wait Guys :prisoner:
  • #22 by dad on 13 Jan 2018
  • Just something that will keep you well informed for our June FJCC Flinders Classic.

The South Australian Organising Team of GetDan, Craig the Black and CamBuscuit will be keeping you all up to speed on this Chapters State Section.

Please don't forget that there is also blow by blow developments on our main site in 'General Discussions'.

Things are happening on almost a daily basis; for example; we are almost over the line for exclusive use of series of Tracks that in combination haven't been driven in 6 years. At over 900m bring your camera's and maybe the snow chains :wink:

Our mid-week FJCC Lunch has moved to Rawnsley Station Woolshed Restaurant.

Also, can all South Aussies let those Facebookers know about what's happening. Some, we have found never had a clue  :derr:

They are all more than welcome provided they have an FJ Cruiser.
    Remember Official Registrations with Event Tee Shirts, Stickers etc., etc. commence in February.

Cheers and stay tuned

dad

Skytrek in snow.jpg2011 Launch of the FJ Cruiser at Skytrek Anniversary - South Australian input
  • #23 by Getdan on 14 Jan 2018
  • Hey Dan is there any way to send messages to the SA Crew ?

Hi Mick and Kathy
    I'm hoping people are seeing this. There is a concerted effort happening to revive the SA chapter.
    The SKYTREK event is major event on the FJCC calendar this year.
    Cheers Dan
  • #24 by BenneBluJ on 14 Jan 2018
  • Cheers Dad, have posted on the SA FB page so hope we get a few more Cheers Mick
  • #25 by Crui5erFJ on 15 Jan 2018
  • Sounds great, unfortunately I can’t make it but we did Skytrek last Easter and it’s awesome. Great changes of scenery and the climbs up to the top and the views are awesome.
Pages:
Actions